Administrative Support Specialist
Employment Position: Administrative Support Specialist (Travel and Time)
- Administrative Support Specialist supporting the Associate Under Secretary for Environment, Health, Safety and Security in the Office of Corporate Security at the Department of Energy
(DOE), in Washington, DC. The position requires access to classified and sensitive information and demands the highest degree of public trust.
- Based on current COVID-19 restrictions, this is currently a telework position with the expectation that the position will eventually return to the office.
- This is a five day per week position starting as soon as possible.
- The position primarily involves travel coordination and time attendance assistance for federal employees.
- Develop, manage, implement and maintain the Time and Attendance (T&A) Tracker Database to track,
report and/or account for special T&A accountability (i.e., Law Enforcement Availability Pay (LEAP) hours, comp time, OT, night differential, etc.).
- Serves as the T&A Officer to ensure accurate reporting for the Director’s certification on biweekly submission to payroll.
Serves as the liaison between the office and payroll regarding employees leave records.
- Responsible to prepare all traveler authorizations along with vouchers for support personnel.
Serves as the subject matter expert for the current agency travel system and ensures information is correctly forwarded/inputted into the Foreign Travel Management System (FTMS).
Prepares documentation required for official passports and necessary Visas for overseas travel.
- Provide administrative support as needed, including receptionist duties and senior office administration.
- Organize, facilitate and attend meetings; record minutes, notes during the events; prepare and dispatch correspondence and distribute mail.
- Maintain action tracking systems, records and office Telephone Directories.
- Analyze reports for discrepancies and make necessary corrections before distribution.
- The qualified candidate must be a U.S. citizen and possess an active “Q” or TS security clearance.
The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- Must possess a high school diploma or state equivalent and 12 years of experience, or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 10 years of experience.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing requirements and occasional variance in hours.
- Understand the requirements for the protection and handling of classified matter to include marking, destruction, and reproduction.
- Experience in performing executive office type activities such as correspondence preparation and staff and executive scheduling.
- Experience and demonstrated ability in state-of-the-art word processing, spreadsheets, graphics programs, electronic mail, computer-based scheduling and other office related computer programs.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and subject areas.
- Be customer service oriented, experienced in interacting directly with clients and possess the ability to foresee client’s needs and provide solutions.
- Possess good written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detailed-oriented self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites.
The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience working with Automated Time Attendance and Production System (ATAAPS) and Concur (travel system).
- Familiarity with DOE travel policies and procedures for domestic and foreign travel and Temporary Duty (TDY) Travel Allowances.
- Experience in the DOE complex.
Email your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)