Administrative Support Specialist
The ideal candidate will be expected to handle a wide range of administrative tasks and to work independently with little or no supervision.
This person must be exceedingly well organized and flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a busy office of diverse people and programs.
The ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast-paced environment, many times under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient,
with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality, is crucial to this role. Excellent written and verbal communications skills and attention to detail are equally important.
- Work closely with the client to create, revise, and edit technical documents, spreadsheets, graphs, and other deliverables.
- Develop and write presentations, reports, and other products per our client’s needs.
- Write technical information in easily understandable language.
- Work closely with different elements of a large organization, understand their needs, and help address requests following established processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain up to date records of all assigned activities, provide summary status reports as scheduled and as requested.
- Ability to review multiple information systems for relevant information.
- Prepare background documents and outgoing correspondence as necessary.
- Prioritize and manage multiple activities/assignments simultaneously and follow through on issues in a timely manner.
- Work closely with employees and clients to coordinate meetings and conference calls.
- Attend client meetings and record minutes and notes during the event.
- Maintain internal and external communications regarding office projects and programs.
- Maintain initiative, flexibility, and cooperation in a team environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with 2–5 years of experience preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills in the creation of documents, plans, procedures and proposals.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced word processing using Word, as well as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Friendly, diplomatic, and confidential when dealing with phone calls, visitors, and internal staff members.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
- Must possess a dedicated and flexible approach to work.
- Willingness to work directly with clients in an environment that changes rapidly and requires occasional long hours.
- Able to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- Ability to meet the requirements for a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance and Building Access badge.
- DOE site and information access requires the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance.
The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of obtaining a security clearance may be required as a condition of employment.
- Pre-employment testing and ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites.
The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests may be required as a condition of employment.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of DOE processes and operation is a plus.
- Knowledge of project management processes also a plus.
Email your résumé to: email@example.com
Or FAX it to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)