Capability Assurance Program Technical Advisor – NA-84
This position is for a Capability Assurance Program Technical Advisor to assist the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Nuclear Incident Response (NA-84)
by serving as a liaison between research and development programs within the Department of Energy (DOE)/NNSA and across the interagency, and the NA-84 nuclear incident response teams. Success in the role
requires frequent engagement and coordination with people of diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and priorities to develop and articulate shortfalls to guide strategic investment.
The focus will be subject matter expertise and the position will report directly to the Capability Assurance Program Manager. Additionally, the Advisor will serve as an on-call
member of an emergency response team to support emergency operations in the DOE Headquarters building (Forrestal) or in support of deployed field assets at
- Provide technical and administrative support to a broad range of operations and exercise-related policies, meetings, exercises, and responses.
Track issues and topic areas that cross programmatic boundaries which impact Nuclear Incident Response. Because the Capability Assurance program interacts
with all the NA-80 Counterterrorism and Counterproliferation programs, the advisor will facilitate communication and program-related information across the NA-84 mission space.
The Advisor must be able to brief and interact at Senior Leader levels and will have direct working relationships with interagency and international partners.
- Provide advice to the Capability Assurance Program Manager regarding new project proposals, ongoing project deliverables, and stakeholder needs.
- Assist planning of the NA-84 Technology Integration project portfolio and manage coordination with NNSA and interagency partners.
- Conduct needs assessment to identify technical shortfalls and capability needs.
- Attend interagency Research and Development (R&D) program reviews and facilitate coordination between ongoing efforts.
- Lead planning and execution of NA-84 Capability Assurance program reviews.
- Coordinate and track multiple plans, as well as policy and program initiatives.
- Serve on call when required, typically for one week each month, and report to work within two hours of notification. Must be willing to support emergency response operations and incident management with an on-call requirement, including after hours, extended shifts, and weekends.
- Up to 25% travel may be required to support operations, training, and meetings.
- Candidate must have an educational background in nuclear science, engineering, or mathematics with experience managing projects.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree plus 5 years of Emergency Response Program experience, with an emphasis on radiological and nuclear response policy and expertise preferred.
- Experience working with the interagency on matters related to radiological and nuclear response required.
- Must be able to professionally deliver technical briefings and material in a Senior Leader environment.
- General knowledge of Agency organization and structure.
- DOE site access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with an active Top Secret or Q security clearance. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of obtaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- A pre-employment test for the absence of any illegal substances will be required. Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will also be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
- Work after hours, extended shifts, and on weekends when required during emergency responses and exercises.
Please e-mail your résumé to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)