Located in Germantown, Maryland, Project Enhancement Corporation (PEC) is a technical services business focused on providing Project Management
and specialized consulting and training services in the areas of nuclear safety, worker safety and health, security, quality assurance, and
environment, as well as materials and facilities disposition within the Department of Energy (DOE) and commercial power industry.
Employment Position: Exercise Control Center (ECC) Operator - Part-time
Location(s): Ft. Smith, AR
- Assist the ECC Lead in the coordination of plans, operations, deployments, security and intelligence activities, training exercises and emergency management activities.
- Operate the Exercise Control Center/Emergency Operations Center at fixed and mobile sites.
- Monitor and operate equipment to include communications console, surveillance cameras, weather monitoring, radios, computers and recording devices.
- Act as subject matter expert in the coordination and scheduling of all requests for training resources.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of activity calendars for TRACOM.
- Monitor access control points and personnel movements and control access to the Limited Access areas of the TRACOM facility.
- Control the emergency response initiatives until the ECC Operations Team Leader, Operations Staff Officer Planning Program Coordinator, AGM Logistics, or Facility Site Manager arrives.
- Assist in notifying the respective response agencies and coordinating the initial response to the facility emergency situation.
- Assist in the activation of the Alert & Notification System and Emergency Broadcast.
- Maintain automated exercise database and daily journals.
- Remain flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
- Conduct continuing surveillance of local and surrounding weather systems.
- Responsible for and perform daily safety checks of assigned equipment and associated accessories.
- Monitor alarm panel and maintain log indicating status of alarms. Receive telephonic requests for access, check access roster, and grant authorization.
- Monitor visitor control and issue and conduct inventory of badges.
- Act as a Custodian for Classified Material protection Control including classified mail transmission.
- High School Diploma (bachelor’s degree preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year handling classified material.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite including advanced word processing using Microsoft Word, as well as, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Completion of DOE Classified Matter Control and Protection (CMPC) course.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to work directly with customers in an environment that changes rapidly, and requires occasional long hours.
- Knowledge of Ft. Chaffee Army regulations, DOE/TRACOM standard operating procedures, regulations and policies involving security, OPSEC, intelligence, and emergency management.
- Ability to operate public dispatch communications systems under normal and highly stressful emergency situations.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to work flexible hours to accommodate the work/training schedule.
- Ability to travel to locations throughout the CONUS.
- Ability to meet the requirements for a DOE security clearance and Building Access badge. Access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with DOE Q clearance. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- A pre-employment test for the absence of any illegal substances will be required. Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of illegal substances may also be conducted for continued access to client sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- 3-5 years prior military or law enforcement experience preferred.
- Knowledge of DOE sites and types of operation.
- Self-directed, and able to define and achieve goals with little supervision.
- Able to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- There may be some walking, standing, bending, and carrying of light items such as papers and books.
Please e-mail your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or FAX it to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)