Program Support Specialist
: Washington, DC
This position provides direct support to the Office of Emergency Operations Support in the area(s) of emergency communications network, emergency operations, watch office, and administration.
This position also performs a broad range of duties in support of the Department of Energy (DOE), Office of Emergency Operations, HQ Emergency Management Team, and Nuclear Incident Team.
The Office of Emergency Operations Support is a 24/7/365-day operation.
- Schedule all video teleconferences (VTCs) and meetings in the Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
- Configure and execute all VTCs through the TelePresence Management Suite.
- Maintain and update the ECN calendar and all ECN field sites Point of Contact list.
- Provide technical edit to ensure verification, validation, and maintenance of emergency checklists to facilitate emergency operations and response.
- Provide subject matter expertise in video and graphics to our customers, and assist with scheduling and managing VTCs.
- Provide expert technical assistance for presentations and assist with operating ETR systems.
- Monitor the Special Facility’s TS/SCI VTCs on their network.
- Perform duties as assigned in support of NA-44 EOC functions.
- Develop/assist in the development of procedures for operations of GA-282 and GA-257.
- Understand/operate all procedures and equipment in the EOC.
- Conduct/manage unclassified/classified VTCs, voice conferencing, and multiple video wall display system.
- Understand/operate all procedures and equipment in the Germantown AOC Watch Office.
- Support Operations Center Division emergency management response team by contributing and participating in training.
- Perform support tasks for a HQ Emergency Management Team or Nuclear Incident Team, as directed.
- Perform duties as a Watch Officer in the Forrestal Operations Center or Germantown AOC as needed.
- Must be willing to become qualified as an Assistant Coordinating Officer and periodically watch billed on a 24/7 Emergency Recall Roster to support the Nuclear Incident Team and/or Combined Emergency Operations Center as required.
- Skilled in the use of databases, spreadsheets; comfortable extrapolating information from multiple databases and generating reports on the results.
- Demonstrated writing, and editing skills in the creation of documents and procedures.
- Willingness to work directly with clients in an environment that changes rapidly; must possess a mature approach to the personal interactions between a consultant and the client.
- Must be an independent, self-starter with excellent organizational skills and an ability to multi-task and be comfortable working with a team of technical experts in varying fields of security and emergency operations disciplines.
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite including advanced word processing using Microsoft Word as well as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Able to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- Must meet minimal security training and awareness for NA-40 personnel.
- Must meet minimal security training and awareness for SCIF personnel.
- DOE site access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a “Q” security clearance. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check and a pre-employment drug and alcohol
screening for the purposes of obtaining a security clearance may be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests may be required as a condition of employment.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in the DOE Complex a plus.
Please e-mail your résumé to: email@example.com
Or FAX it to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)