: Germantown, Maryland
The receptionist position is a full-time, entry-level position with meaningful growth opportunity providing general office support to the PEC Headquarters' office.
The receptionist will be responsible for greeting guests, answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence,
requisition of supplies, as well as additional clerical duties and related tasks as listed below.
- Provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks, supporting a busy office of diverse people and programs.
- Responsible for answering incoming calls and directing calls to appropriate associates.
- Greet corporate clients and office visitors in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling office access.
- Maintain inventory and control the requisition and distribution of office supplies.
- Maintain and monitor multiple calendars.
- Assist in the planning and facilitating of office events and workshops.
- Review / edit documents.
- Coordinate the pickup and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.).
- Receive and sort incoming mail and facilitate its distribution.
- Maintain initiative, flexibility, and cooperation in a team environment.
- Remain proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Accommodate a fixed schedule, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, with an hour break for lunch.
- High School Diploma, plus 2 years or more of clerical office experience.
- Must be customer-service oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Must possess good written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a detail-oriented self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to understand and follow complex directions / instructions.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced word processing using Microsoft Word, as well as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Willingness to work in an environment that changes rapidly and requires occasional long hours.
- Able to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- Ability to meet the requirements for a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance and Building Access badge.
The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- A pre-employment test for the absence of any illegal substances will be required. Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of illegal substances may also be
conducted for continued access to client sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
Please e-mail your résumé to: email@example.com
Or FAX it to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)