Administrative Support Specialist (Full-time)
Administrative Support Specialist supporting the Office of Headquarters Security Operations at the Department of Energy (DOE), working in Germantown, MD, which provides a comprehensive Security Program for the DOE Headquarters Complex.
The position requires access to highly classified / restricted data documents and/or materials, and demands the highest degree of public trust.
- This is a five-day-per-week position, starting around the middle of July.
- There is no travel or flex time.
- The position primarily involves senior level office administration but may evolve to also include some Security Assistant responsibilities in support of the DOE Security Program.
- Provide administrative support as needed, including receptionist duties and senior office administration.
- Prepare drafts, proofread, and format correspondence.
- Answer and direct telephone calls.
- Schedule, maintain, and monitor multiple calendars, including meetings/appointments.
- Organize, facilitate, and attend meetings; record minutes, notes during the events.
- Prepare and dispatch correspondence (Classified and Unclassified) and distribute mail.
- Assist with ordering supplies and maintain paperwork of incoming supplies.
- Maintain action tracking systems, records, and office telephone directories.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Acquire, assemble, and input Federal employee time and attendance into the federal payroll system.
- Research and gather data, edit as needed, and transmit weekly report submissions.
- Analyze reports for discrepancies and make necessary corrections before distribution.
- Work closely with clients to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Maintain communication with varied contacts within the client’s many work sites.
- Maintain initiative, flexibility, and cooperation in a team environment.
- Active DOE Q Clearance.
- Must possess a high school diploma or state equivalent and 12 years of experience, or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 10 years of experience.
- Must understand the requirements for the protection and handling of classified matter.
- Experience in office administration and records management activities.
- Experience in performing executive office type activities such as word processing; correspondence preparation; editing; meeting, staff, and executive scheduling.
- Experience and demonstrated ability in state-of-the-art word processing, database, spreadsheet, and graphics programs; electronic mail; computer-based scheduling; and other office-related computer programs.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and subject areas.
- Must be customer service oriented, experienced in interacting directly with clients and possess the ability to foresee client’s needs and provide solutions and recommendations.
- Must possess exceptional analytical capabilities.
- Must possess good written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow complex directions/instructions.
- Willingness to work in an environment that changes rapidly and requires occasional variance in hours.
- Must be a detailed-oriented self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- DOE site access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check and a pre-employment screening for the for absence of any illegal substances for the purposes of obtaining a security clearance may be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances may be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests may be required as a condition of employment.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of DOE sites and types of operation.
- Familiarity with DOE program office procedures and tracking systems.
E-mail your resume to: email@example.com
Or FAX to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)