Security Assistant (Full-time)
Security Assistant supporting the Office of Headquarters Security Operations at the Department of Energy (DOE) in Germantown, MD, which provides a comprehensive Security Program for the DOE Headquarters Complex.
The position primarily involves support of the Classified Matter Protection and Control (CMPC) Program and providing Office mail support interfacing with the DOE mail room. The position requires access to highly
classified / restricted data documents and/or materials, and demands the highest degree of public trust.
- Assist with CMPC awareness, inquiries, and administrative actions.
- Orchestrate the classified document control center.
- Orchestrate mail support for the Office with the DOE Mail Room.
- Sort/deliver incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail as required.
- Mail correspondence (Classified and Unclassified).
- Prepare FedEx packages (Classified and Unclassified).
- Prepare drafts, proofread, and format correspondence.
- Assist with ordering supplies and maintain paperwork of incoming supplies.
- Answer and direct telephone calls as required.
- Provide office administration support assistance as required.
- Maintain communication with varied contacts within the client’s many work sites.
- Active Security Clearance.
- Must possess a high school diploma or state equivalent and 12 years of experience, or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 10 years of experience.
- Must understand the requirements for the protection and handling of classified matter.
- Experience in office administration and records management activities.
- Experience and demonstrated ability in state-of-the-art word processing, database, spreadsheet, and graphics programs; electronic mail; computer-based scheduling; and other office-related computer programs.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and subject areas.
- Must possess good written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in an environment that changes rapidly and requires occasional variance in hours.
- Must be a detailed-oriented self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- DOE site access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a security clearance. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check and a pre-employment screening for the for absence of any illegal substances for the purposes of obtaining a security clearance may be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances may be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests may be required as a condition of employment.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of DOE sites and types of operation.
- Familiarity with DOE program office procedures and tracking systems.
E-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or FAX to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)