Security Support Specialist NA-84
Albuquerque, NM NNSA NRGROC Complex
This position is for an Operational Support Specialist to assist the NNSA Office of Nuclear Incident Response (NA 84) who will serve as a Classified Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO).
This position will require writing security documentation and conducting computer security monitoring and operational reporting validation (risk assessment plans, contingency plans, disaster recovery
plans, policies, procedures, training materials, etc.), paperwork to obtain initial accreditation and then resubmit as required for security significant changes, after Master security plans change,
and every three years in accordance with Master policy.
The Operational Support Specialist may serve as an on-call member of an emergency response team to support emergency operations in the NRGROC Complex or in support of deployed field assets at remote locations.
The Operational Support Specialist will also serve as CA-9, NRGROC, OSF Security Point of Contact (SPOC) as well as the point of contact for interagency classified communications and data access requirements
including, but not limited to, SOIS, JIANT, FBINet, NAIP, for CA-9, NRGROC, and OSF locations.
Responsibilities and Programmatic Support:
- Responsible for unclassified and classified Video-Teleconferencing.
- Support pager and cell phone accounts for RS community, to include invoice review, property tracking, and account management.
- Support management of classified cyber security training for classified systems.
- Develop training program and conduct training for ISSOs and Cyber Security Representatives.
- Respond to HQ data-calls.
- Prepare for and participate in DOE Surveys and Reviews.
- Identify topical areas that require attention and provide feedback to Program Management in the form of observations, findings, and recommended corrective actions.
- Track progress of corrective actions.
- Conduct corrective actions as assigned.
- Review sampling methods and analytical methods.
- Serve on Incident Remediation Team (Team responds to Incidents of Cyber / Security Concern).
- Draft leadership points for Incidents of Security Concern in CA-9, NRGROC and OSF.
- Maintain access to SSIMS for reporting Incidents of Security Concern.
- Assist NA-SN, ABQ Complex points of contact for Incidents of Security Concern.
- Support CMPC program within RS programs.
- Coordinate with locksmith and participate in required combination changes.
- Review/create/update Policies/Procedures.
- Provide staff guidance and formal training on CMPC matters.
- SOIS, JIANT, FBINet, NAIP access management.
- Manage facility security system requirements.
- Coordinate with maintenance personnel as required.
- Manage accounts.
- Security Point of Contact (SPOC).
- Participate in annual ABQ Complex CMPC review
- Maintain ACREM and CDC appointments for CA-9 and NRGROC.
- Ensure custodians meet training requirements.
- Ensure current appointments are on file.
- Provide CMPC Program Management with copies of updated records.
- VTR policy is renewed annually. Review and make changes, maintain record copy on file, disseminate to personnel and ensure acknowledgement sheet is signed and provided to SOD.
- Create procedures as required. Examples, ACREM Inventory Procedure and RSP Marking Procedure.
- Assist RSP personnel with obtaining DC authority.
- Enroll in course.
- Obtain and disseminate PBTs.
- Monitor progress.
- Return completed PBTs to HQ.
- Develop and maintain RSP Library of classified holdings.
- Serve as “Owner” of database responsible for structure and maintenance.
- Perform Library Administrator duties.
- Conduct Library Administrator training.
- Create job aids and provide instruction to Library Administrators through correspondence as needed.
- Generate and provide to RSP Security monthly report of Library items requiring review.
- Review safe content and identify and correct discrepancies between Library database and actual holdings.
- Create reports and queries in database as needed.
- Support Sigma 20 Program.
- Complete and process as required.
- Verify clearance information in CPCI as required.
- Support the Facility Security Officer for the NNSA/NA-42/Albuquerque contingent’s Vault Type Room (VTR), deployment center and remote work areas to include developing, revising,
implementing, and enforcing the facility security plan, policies and requirements, and ensuring all physical security requirements and protection systems are established in accordance with U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) policies and procedures.
- VTR policy is renewed annually. Review and make changes, maintain record copy of approved plan on file, disseminate to personnel and ensure acknowledgement sheet is signed and provided to SOD.
- Train VTR Custodians on open/close procedures and answer questions about procedures as required.
- Coordinate ACREM destruction for CA-9, NRGROC, and OSF.
- Developed ACREM Inventory Procedures for custodian job aid.
- Provide OJT for custodians as required.
- RSP Security Specialist General Activities.
- Provide support to staff as required.
- Make security recommendations to PM.
- Continuously monitor activities and identify areas for improvement.
- Complete security related documents as required.
- Review documents as required.
- Develop procedures and policy as required.
- Develop training as required.
- Escort as required.
- Promote security awareness within organization.
- Participate in FEOSH inspections.
- Assist in mitigating safety concerns identified in FEOSH inspections.
- Maintain additional access authorizations:
- Central Personnel Clearance Index (CPCI).
- SCI Access Database (Scattered Castles) through IN-20.
- Safety and Security Information Management System (SSIMS).
- Maintain Render Safe Program responder positions, recommended:
- Render Safe Watch Office (RSWO).
- JTOT P2 Security Advisor.
- ARG Security Advisor.
- ARG ICS Situation Unit Member.
- Bachelor’s degree (desired fields include Telecommunications, Emergency Management, First Responder, Antiterrorism, Security fields or equivalent) or 7+ years of professional
experience in related field in addition to experience requirements.
- Experience and knowledge of the following communications systems:
- Classified: SIPR, JIANT, JWICS, SOIS, CMS, FBINET, SOTF, TRIDENT, ECN, GOLD.
- Unclassified: NIPR, UNET, HSIN.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills in the creation of documents and procedures.
- Willingness to work directly with clients in an environment that changes rapidly; must possess a mature approach to the personal interactions with others.
- Skilled in articulating complex issues at a level easily understood, in both oral and written form.
- Must be an independent, self-starter with excellent organizational skills, an ability to multi-task, and comfortable working with a team of technical experts in varying fields of security and emergency operations disciplines.
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and SharePoint including advanced word processing using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Able to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- Desired experience with DOE/NNSA Nuclear Emergency Response Assets or Interagency Nuclear Response Assets and Operations.
- DOE site access requires the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen, have a valid Top-Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility and ability to obtain a DOE “Q” security clearance within 30 days of employment.
The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of obtaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances may be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
- Up to 50% travel may be required to support operations, training, and meetings.
Please e-mail your résumé to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)