Senior Continuity Analyst / Subject Matter Expert to assist NA-40
DOE Continuity Program Office in Germantown, Maryland (GTN)
This position is for a senior-level Continuity of Operations Analyst and Subject Matter Expert to assist NA-40 and, specifically, the Continuity Program Office (CPO) and CPO Manager in periodically
assessing the state of the Department of Energy (DOE) Continuity Program preparedness, directives, policies, security, training, drills, and exercises (TT&E). This support can include the planning,
development, conduct, and evaluation of COOP Exercises, utilizing Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Homeland Security Exercise Evaluation Program (HSEEP) guidelines, in support of the DOE Continuity mission and goals,
and validation of DOE COOP plans and procedures in accordance with the new Presidential Preparedness Directive 40 (PPD 40): “National Continuity Policy,” Federal Continuity Directives 1 and 2 (FCD 1 and 2),
and the FEMA Continuity Evaluation Tool, Version 8 (CET, v.8).
- Review and document the extent of present DOE Continuity Program preparedness, directives, policies, security, training, drills,
and exercises for both HQ Program Offices and Field Offices, as directed.
- Compare and contrast present status with that required by DOE Orders, Directives, or government-wide directives such as FEMA FCD 1 and 2
and other current National Continuity Policies guidance and requirements,
especially DOE O 150.1A (Continuity Programs) and PPD 40.
- Provide programmatic support to the office for site assistance visits, travel management, records management, maintaining various databases,
assisting with clearance transfers, maintaining, and updating calendars,
scheduling meetings, and other tasks assigned by the manager.
- Develop tailored Continuity Program preparedness directives, policies, security, and procedure documentation.
- Technical support will include, but not be limited to, developing and providing Continuity Program preparedness, directives, policy, security,
and procedure documentation appropriate for the various functions and activities of DOE.
- Assist in organizing and facilitating the scheduling and evaluation of the various programs using technical specialists and subject matter experts.
- Assist in coordinating contributing to the revision of relevant documents based upon the new requirements stated in PPD 40 and other directives
driving new requirements for COOP planning and readiness.
- Assist in the CPO meeting requirements for Essential Functions and Records Management.
- Support the Communications and Information Management functions (unclassified and classified) within the CPO.
- Support RRS development and monthly reporting requirements to FEMA.
- Support DOE HQ activities for Continuity exercises. Projected support includes:
- Development of HQ exercise package;
- Development of controller/player instructions;
- Facilitation of exercise control, including controllers and players; and
- Delivery of an after-action report that identifies corrective actions.
- Attend all continuity-relevant inter- and intra-agency meetings (classified and unclassified), as directed.
- Must be prepared to immediately assist or augment staffing support of the designated Continuity facility in the event of a COGCON activation.
- May be required to work more than 8 hours per day under COOP activation or COOP exercise conditions.
- Must be willing to become qualified as an Assistant Coordinating Officer and periodically watchbilled on a 24/7 Emergency Recall Roster
to support the Nuclear Incident Team and/or Combined Emergency Operations Center, as required.
- Other relevant continuity-specific duties and functions to support the CPO mission, as directed.
- Skilled in the use of databases/spreadsheets, comfortable extrapolating information from multiple databases, and generating reports on the results.
- Familiarity with the FEMA Readiness Reporting System (RRS).
- Skilled in familiarity and the use of the FEMA CET v.8.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills in the creation of documents and procedures.
- Willingness to work directly with clients in an environment that changes rapidly; must possess a mature approach to the personal interactions between
a consultant and the client.
- Must be an independent self-starter with excellent organizational skills and an ability to multitask and be comfortable working with a team of technical
experts in varying fields of security and emergency operations disciplines.
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced word processing using Microsoft Word, as well as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Adobe Acrobat, utilized as the platform for the FEMA CET v.8.
- Able to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers, under sometimes stressful conditions.
- DOE site access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen and possess and active Q or TS security clearance. The candidate’s written consent
to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance may be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances may be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written
consent to conduct such tests may be required as a condition of employment.
- Must meet minimal security training and awareness for NA-40 personnel.
- Must meet minimal security training and awareness for SCIF personnel.
- Must possess a four-year degree with coursework in emergency management, disaster planning, business continuity, public administration, or a combination of
education and work experience with the military, government, public safety, or private industry.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of PPD-40, FEMA FCD 1 and 2, FEMA HSEEP, FEMA CET v.8, Alternate EOC concepts and operations, and SCIF support.
- Experience with the DOE Complex, including knowledge of DOE 150-series Orders (Continuity Programs and Emergency Management) strongly desired.
- Experience with DOE sites strongly desired.
E-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or FAX to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)