Senior Research Analyst
: Washington, DC
This position is to support the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA), Emergency Management Enterprise, Office of Plans and Policy (NA-41) by using relevant analytic methods and plans to conduct special analysis and studies.
The focus of the work will be on reviewing current policy performance, activities, challenges and opportunities for improvement, and recommended enhancements to improve efficiency and effectiveness. The Senior Research Analyst will
provide direct support to NA-41 Policy Team Leader and will work closely with the NA-41 Director and Deputy Director, program managers and other staff. The Senior Research Analyst will provide weekly status reports of assigned task
to the Policy Team Leader and NA-41 management.
- Receive input from program managers in NA-41 and review the NA-41 policy and plans for accuracy and consistency, maintain an archive at headquarters, and distribute to NA-41 program managers and leadership.
- Apply research analysis tools for the creation of deliverables which will integrate policy execution data and policy performance metrics.
- Review current policy performance activities, challenges, and opportunities for improvement, and recommend enhancements to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Draft official memoranda, briefing materials, and NA-41 documents.
- Perform technical editing of documents in accordance with Department of Energy (DOE) directives.
- Catalog and maintain a tracking system for tasks assigned to the NA-41 team.
- Attend meetings and conference calls related to policy and provide summaries to NA-41 leadership and staff.
- Support emergency response operations and incident management when as a member of the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) or Nuclear Incident Team (NIT) staff. As a member of the EOC or NIT staff, track personnel, team deployments, requests for information, and status of operations; prepare briefings and reports; coordinate information with other operations centers and deployed teams. Working during non-standard hours, weekends, and holidays may be required. Serve on-call when required, typically for one week each month, and report to work within two hours of notification.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus 3 years’ experience.
- Must be able to present research issues in a clear and concise manner to various program managers and directors.
- Must be proficient with the use of Microsoft Office 2013 Software Suite and have the ability to learn other DOE applications such as SharePoint.
- Must be detail oriented to ensure consistency between policy documents and tracking systems.
- Ability to solve problems, sometimes with little or no direction. Ability to work independently on research issues.
- Familiarity with emergency management terminology, ability to read and understand policy documents and analyses, and ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Strong, clear, and concise communication skills to explain research status to managers.
- Willingness to work directly with clients in an environment that changes rapidly; must possess a mature approach to the personal interactions between a consultant and the client.
- DOE site access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a “Q” security clearance. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check and a pre-employment drug and alcohol
screening for the purposes of obtaining a security clearance may be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests may be required as a condition of employment.
- Work after hours, extended shifts, and on weekends when required during emergency responses and exercises.
- Travel is not required at this time.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with DOE operations is preferred.
- General knowledge of agency organization and structure.
Please e-mail your résumé to: email@example.com
Or FAX it to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)