Administrative Support Specialist
Administrative Support Specialist supporting the Insider Threat Program Office in the Associate Under Secretary for Environment, Health, Safety and Security in the Office of Corporate Security at the Department of Energy (DOE), working in Washington, DC. The position requires access to highly classified/restricted data documents and/or materials that need to be protected in the interest of national security.
- Based on current COVID-19 restrictions, this is currently a telework position.
- This is a five day a week position starting as soon as possible, there is no anticipated travel nor flex time.
- The position primarily involves senior level office administration but may evolve to also include some Security Assistant responsibilities in support of the DOE Security Program.
- Provide general office administrative support to executive management and technical teams.
- Track inter- and intra-office correspondence using automated systems and personnel security-related databases.
- Manage multiple calendars; schedule meetings with internal and external contacts, and adapt quickly to changes or scheduling conflicts.
- Coordinate frequent travel arrangements.
- Maintain file records received from the entire complex.
- Assist with the preparation and disseminating of personnel security memoranda, forms, and reports.
- Support to the Director and office to include travel (Concur), time sheets (ATAAPS), correspondence (AUCT), and Internship Program (on/off boarding, tracking, etc.).
- Provide meeting administrative and logistics support for the Local Insider Threat Working Groups (LITWG) and Executive Steering Committee meetings to include conference call set up, calendar invitations, meeting minutes review and approval by program leadership, and then distribution.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and possess an active DOE Q or Top Secret security clearance. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- Must possess a high school diploma or state equivalent and 12 years of experience, or a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and 10 years of experience.
- Understand requirements for protection and handling of classified matter.
- Experience in office administration and records management activities.
- Experience in performing executive office type activities such as correspondence preparation, editing, meetings, staff management, and executive scheduling.
- Experience and demonstrated ability with word processing, spreadsheets, graphics programs, electronic mail, computer-based scheduling, and other office related computer programs.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and subject areas.
- Customer-service oriented, experienced in interacting directly with clients and possess the ability to foresee client’s needs and provide solutions and recommendations.
- Possess exceptional analytical, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow complex directions/instructions.
- Willingness to work in an environment that changes rapidly and requires occasional variance in hours.
- Must be detailed-oriented, self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
- This position requires proof of COVID vaccination to be provided by the date of hire unless an accommodation request has been provided and granted pursuant to federal law by the date of hire.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in the DOE complex.
- Experience with SharePoint, Office 365, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with MS Teams, Cisco Webex and other staff telework integration systems.
Email your résumé to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)