Human Reliability Program Security Specialist
DOE Forrestal Building, Washington, D.C.
The Security Specialist supports the Human Reliability Program (HRP) for the Office of Corporate Security (EHSS 1.2) within the Department of Energy (DOE). This position provides mission support to a program critical to the Department of Energy’s nuclear security mission.
- A current Q/TS security clearance is required for this position.
- This is currently a full-telework position that may require short-notice visits to the Forrestal building.
- This position does require occasional travel in support of the HRP mission.
- This is a five day a week position starting as soon as possible.
- Conduct research and provide oral/written analysis of issues and trends affecting the DOE/NNSA HRP community.
- Conduct planning, coordination, logistics, and administrative support to the Annual HRP Workshop.
- Coordinate with other federal agencies on specific programs similar to the HRP.
- Conduct daily communication with DOE/NNSA HRP stakeholders via phone, email, or virtual meetings to ensure awareness of HRP issues across DOE/NNSA.
- As required, provide virtual meeting support to the Director and office.
- Provide office meeting administrative and logistics support to include conference call set up, calendar invitations, meeting minutes review and approval by program leadership, and then distribution.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and possess an active Q or TS security clearance. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent work experience.
- Experience within the field of nuclear safeguards and security and an excellent working knowledge of classified matter protection, computer security, physical security, information security, protective forces, and the protection of property and assets.
- The ability to compile information and statistics, evaluate the application of a wide range of security requirements, plans, systems, and procedures sufficient to ensure compliance.
- Knowledge of techniques to protect special nuclear materials classified documents and information against diversion, theft, sabotage, and espionage.
- The ability to effectively communicate through oral and written presentations.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
- This position requires proof of COVID vaccination to be provided by the date of hire unless an accommodation request has been provided and granted pursuant to federal law by the date of hire.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in the DOE/NNSA complex.
- Experience with SharePoint, Office 365, and Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with MS Teams, Cisco WebEx and other virtual meeting systems.
Please e-mail your résumé to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)