Junior Research Analyst - EM
: Flexible/TBD (work is managed in Germantown, MD); part-time telework is encouraged.
Position on a dynamic and exciting multidisciplinary team providing technical and management support for the world’s largest environmental cleanup program.
- Provide research, analysis, administrative, and other support to the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Environmental Management (EM).
- Research, develop and manage data/information; carry out analysis and produce a variety of graphics, documents, and reports to suit client needs.
- Analyze reports for gaps, errors, discrepancies; review/edit documents, make necessary corrections, provide and/or consolidate comments on documents.
- Prepare graphical and tabular reports to analyze and present program data (e.g., compare and contrast various environmental cleanup alternatives.)
- Work closely with clients to ensure all requirements and deadlines are met; anticipate client needs and provide solutions.
- Prepare draft correspondence, reports, and briefings.
- Organize, facilitate and attend meetings, conferences and workshops; prepare and distribute summaries/results of meetings.
- BA degree plus 5 years of relevant experience, or BS degree plus 2 years of relevant experience (or be able to attain within six months); or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- U.S. citizenship.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Curiosity, with a willingness to learn new things.
- Customer service oriented; ability to interact directly with clients.
- Reliable, with a willingness to go the extra mile to get the job done.
- Detail-oriented self-starter, with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment that requires occasional long hours.
- Ability to meet the requirements for a Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance and Building Access badge. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- Pre-employment test for the absence of any illegal substances. Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of illegal substances will also be conducted for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
Knowledge of DOE sites and environmental operations/programs.
Familiarity with DOE procedures and systems.
Please e-mail your résumé to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)