Operational and Administrative Support Specialist
: Germantown, MD
The Operational and Administrative Support Specialist shall provide the USAccess Program Manager with administrative support services to assist with the Department of Energy (DOE) USAccess help desk, in addition to general and cross-cutting support.
USAccess Support (50 – 75%)
Office Administrative Support (25 – 50%)
- Provide administrative support for the DOE USAccess help desk, which includes acknowledging, researching and answering inquiries for:
- Coordinating arrangements at DOE sites for enrollment and activation accommodations
- Coordinating arrangements between DOE, USAccess and other USAccess customer agencies for enrollment and activation accommodations
- Coordinating requests for Personal Identity Verification (PIV) credential re-routes
- Coordinating responses on PIV issues related to Logical and Physical access
- Answering PIV related questions from individuals in the DOE enterprise.
- Provide support for one or more PIV/USAccess related working groups by attending meetings, preparing materials and presentations for meeting, taking minutes, and related activities.
- Provide support in the drafting, review and issuance of DOE USAccess documentation, to include the DOE PIV Card Issuer (PCI) Operations Plan (per DOE O 206.2), and DOE desk references for the USAccess program.
- Assist in the maintenance of USAccess information on Powerpedia and the AU SharePoint site.
- Receive and process incoming phone calls, emails, and provide customers (both internal and external) with USAccess resources as needed (such as correct forms, informational guides, etc.).
- Assist in the oversight of DOE information in the USAccess system, to include coordination with DOE sites on information related to their PIV credentialing sites and stations.
- Maintain the USAccess program files, preparing memoranda and other support functions.
Action Tracking System Status
- Review and edit, as necessary correspondence and reports distributed outside client organization before submission to Director, Deputy Director or originator. Reviewed correspondence and reports will be submitted to management for review-within one (1) work day of due date.
- Submit final reports (Site Visit, Training, Ad-hoc) to appropriate federal staff by established due date.
- Coordinate Weekly Report Process: collect input from staff, assemble input and ensure continuity and grammatical correctness of report. Provide draft to Deputy Director by 12:00pm (EST) on Thursdays and submit by 9:00am (EST) on Friday.
- Provide backup support for the following:
- Submitting Daily Federal Status Reports to upper tier organizations;
- Updating Daily Contractor Status; and
- Submitting Monthly Contractor status to upper tier organizations on the first Wednesday of the month
General Office Administrative Functions
- Create, track and maintain Action Tracking Systems items for client
- Remind staff and alert Director and Deputy Director of open tickets by Thursday each week. Send negative reports if no open tickets
- Review Action Tracking System tickets and correct any typos/grammar issues. Ensure concurrence sheets are attached and that attachments are appropriately aligned and readable, daily as required
- Track and remind staff of deadlines, as requested by staff or Deputy Director/Director
- Ensure client staff leave is placed on client calendar daily
- Remind staff to prepare Time and Attendance System data for certification by COB Wednesday prior to the end of pay period
- Review Time and Attendance System data for client Federal staff and notify staff of issues by 12:00pm (EST) Thursday before certification
- Report to Deputy Director/Director on status of Time and Attendance System data by COB Thursday before certification
- Take notes during meetings, to include the Tuesday, 3:00pm – 4:00pm (EST) multi-contractor Tag Up meetings
- Participate in Daily 8:00am (EST) client Status Meetings, recording To-Do Items and deadlines, as needed
- Provide general administrative support for client Federal staff
- Familiarity with DOE Program Offices/sites is required.
- Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel
- Experience in office administration and records management activities
- Must be customer service oriented, experienced in interacting directly with clients
- Ability to foresee client’s needs and provide solutions and recommendations
- Ability to participate in meetings and capture meeting minutes
- Must possess good written, oral, and interpersonal skills
- Must be detail-oriented self-starter and have the ability to work independently
- Ability to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers
- A security clearance or the ability to obtain a security clearance is highly desired. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- A pre-employment test for the absence of any illegal substances will be required. Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of illegal substances may also be conducted for continued access to client sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
- This position requires proof of COVID vaccination to be provided by the date of hire unless an accommodation request has been provided and granted pursuant to federal law by the date of hire.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Badging operations and familiarity with DOE USAccess program, is preferred, but not required.
Please e-mail your résumé to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)