Operational Support Analyst
F/T Remote (Restricted). The office is located in Germantown, MD
The Operational Support Analyst shall provide support services to assist the Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Worker Screening and Compensation Programs.
- Perform complex data analysis and program evaluation using data collected from program participants and stakeholders.
- Prepare performance statistics for briefing documents, including advanced charts, graphs, pivot tables, and other data visualization tools.
- Research, gather, and develop data used for program management.
- Produce a variety of summary documents and reports to suit client needs.
- Correspond verbally and in writing with DOE Field elements who are submitting data to identify and resolve inconsistencies, and to notify sites that are not in compliance.
- Conduct budget and financial analysis that will be used by management to help track and manage program expenditures and to develop budget allocations.
- Maintain communication with varied contacts within the client’s work sites.
- Maintain initiative, flexibility, and cooperation in a team environment.
- Assist in the planning and facilitating of both in person and virtual outreach activities, including town halls, focus groups, workshops and other actions.
- Provide thorough review and editing support on various documents including correspondence, policies, briefing documents, public presentations, and strategic documents.
- Analyze documents for continuity of content, discrepancies and make necessary corrections before preparation for distribution.
- BA or BS required, with 2-4 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, knowledge of additional statistical packages is a plus.
- Experienced in researching issues and collecting data from various databases for the development of detailed analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and display complex data in more functional ways.
- Must possess analytical capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to edit documents for correct grammar, usage.
- Must be customer service oriented, experienced in interacting directly with clients.
- Must possess good written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- Ability to meet the requirements for a DOE security clearance and Building Access badge. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- A pre-employment test for the absence of any illegal substances will be required. Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of illegal substances may also be conducted for continued access to client sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment. This position requires proof of COVID vaccination to be provided by the date of hire unless an accommodation request has been provided and granted pursuant to federal law by the date of hire.
Please e-mail your résumé to:
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)