Personnel Security Specialist
: Germantown, MD
The Personnel Security Specialist position is a position within the Office of Headquarters Credentialing Programs (EHSS-74).
This position is responsible for review of clearance case information to assure all investigative elements have been completed by the investigation provider, and review of all investigative information to determine whether a recommendation to grant or continue the clearance is appropriate.
The position requires an active Top Secret (TS) / "Q" security clearance.
- The individual must have experience in all phases of a personnel security program with emphasis on the review and analysis of derogatory information as it relates to national security concerns at an expert level.
- The individual must have demonstrated collegiate/graduate level writing and must be able to effectively convey, through written and oral communication, complex and sensitive information.
- The individual must have demonstrated a high level of proficiency in computer skills to include maintaining and manipulating electronic data and utilizing database, document creation and editing, spreadsheet, and other common office software applications.
- It is desirable that the individual have experience in providing expert advice and assistance to a personnel security program and have two (2) or more years of experience in a security adjudications or investigations program.
- Must possess a bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in such fields as criminal justice, security management, or security operations. Two years or relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of one year of education.
A Master's degree can substitute for five years of the required experience.
- The individual must have four (4) years of experience in a Federal personnel security program.
- Must be able to perform the adjudicative responsibilities of this position.
- Shall possess an excellent working knowledge of the protection of classified matter, computer systems, information security, and the protection of property and assets.
- Must demonstrate the ability to compile information and statistics in support of evaluation processes.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of techniques to protect classified documents and information against diversion, theft, sabotage and espionage.
- Must demonstrate the ability to make presentations (oral and written) and to communicate effectively.
- Access requires the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with an ACTIVE DOE Q security clearance or DOD TS equivalent. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Pre-employment and ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
- Experience in the DOE complex specifically in Safeguards and Security.
- Knowledge of DOE sites and types of operation.
Please e-mail your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)