: Germantown, Maryland
The Security Assistant supports the Office of Information Security (EHSS-42) within the Office of Environment, Health, Safety and Security at the Department of Energy (DOE), working in Germantown, MD. The position requires an active Q/Top Secret (TS) security clearance.
- Provide administrative support to the EHSS-42 Survey Team with a focus on organizational awareness, compliance, and application of security standards and strategies for the protection and control of national security information and restricted data against established national, DOE orders and directives, and other relevant policies.
- Prepare, proofread, and format correspondence; analyze and correct report discrepancies before distribution.
- Schedule, maintain and monitor multiple calendars, including meetings and appointments.
- Organize, attend, and take meeting notes and record/distribute minutes.
- Research and gather data, edit as needed and transmit required reports.
- Work closely with EHSS-42 and other Survey stakeholders to ensure deadlines are identified and met.
- Maintain initiative, flexibility, and cooperation in a team environment.
- High school diploma or state equivalent and 5+ years of professional administrative experience.
- Understand classified materials handling and protection requirements.
- Possess excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in office administration and records management activities.
- Experience in performing executive office type activities such as word processing; spreadsheets, correspondence preparation; editing; meeting, staff, and executive scheduling. Specifically, mastery of MS Office suite of applications to include Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and subject areas. Must be a detailed-oriented self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Customer service oriented, experienced in interacting directly with clients and ability to foresee client’s needs and provide solutions and recommendations.
- Possess exceptional analytical capabilities.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic environment that changes rapidly and requires occasional variance in hours.
- Ability to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- DOE site access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with an ACTIVE DOE Q security clearance or DOD TS equivalent. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Pre-employment and ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
- This position requires proof of COVID vaccination to be provided by the date of hire unless an accommodation request has been provided and granted pursuant to federal law by the date of hire.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in the DOE complex, specifically in Safeguards and Security (S&S).
- Knowledge of DOE sites and types of operation.
- Familiarity with DOE program office procedures and tracking systems.
Please e-mail your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)