Senior Program Manager
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for the overall management and execution of assigned programs in accordance with the requirements of contracts between PEC and its clients, operating policies, and principles. Responsible for execution of the work in accordance with quality standards and requirements specified for the project at a senior executive level.
- Support government contract at senior executive level including strategic planning, governance and management, and policy support.
- Communicate with senior level executives to coordinate initiatives across nuclear security enterprise.
- Develop, prepare, and present briefings and white papers to senior executives.
- Deliver quality and timely project services to clients including budgeting; implement and track cost-effectiveness measures; supervise employees, associates, and consultants; develop schedules and adjust resources to numerous tasks; periodic reporting; performance measurement; productivity.
- Develop strategic approach to the project, prepare project budget, and identify resources necessary for successful completion of the project.
- Assemble the personnel necessary for the project. This may include a combination of PEC employees, associates, and consultants. May recruit and select new full time PEC employees as needed.
- Provide leadership to project team members and serve as a primary or secondary point-of-contact to key representatives of the client.
- Perform technically complex work.
- Responsible for quality of technical analyses performed on the project.
- Review the work of engineers and/or scientists.
- Develop project proposal submissions in response to requests from potential clients.
- Analyze and convert data and information into logical and understandable charts and graphs to allow easy reading by executive management.
- Write reports explaining the trends and indication of the collected information and provide potential options and recommendations when requested.
- Develop performance measures and benchmarks to support program improvements.
- May take primary responsibility for tasks within a project such as conference management, stakeholder meetings, and other group events.
- Maintain communication with varied contacts within the client’s many work sites.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited university or college in an appropriate discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 or more years’ experience in program management and/or executive level management.
- Ability to supervise team and effectively delegate and oversee client support.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated ability to write and edit documents, plans, procedures, and proposals.
- Ability to extrapolate information from multiple databases and generate reports on the results.
- Able to clearly articulate complex issues at a level easily understood, in both oral and written form.
- Extensive experience with the Microsoft Office Suite, including advanced word processing using Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Experience with SharePoint, WebEx, and Microsoft Teams.
- Knowledge of DOE/NNSA sites and types of operations.
- Willingness to work directly with clients in an environment that changes rapidly and requires occasional long hours.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to meet the requirements for a DOE security clearance.
- Able to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
Please e-mail your résumé to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)