This position is for a junior-level Watch Officer to assist the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Emergency Management Enterprise in maintaining its security responsibilities –
administrative, alternative Emergency Operations Center (EOC) support, SCIF support,
assessments, and issues tracking. The Watch Analyst will be directly supporting the Consolidated Emergency Operations Center
(CEOC) and must be located at the Department of Energy (DOE) Forrestal Building in Washington, DC.
- Conducting initial research of potential and actual events and the possible impacts to DOE/NNSA sites, facilities, or other DOE/NNSA mission interests.
- Utilizing analytical knowledge and skills to assist in developing and providing:
- Real-time decision support products
- Event Analysis
- Training support:
- Assisting the Training Officer in the creation and use of Watch Office-specific products utilizing the Microsoft Office suite of programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access)
- Assisting the Training Officer in the creation and use of Watch Office-specific technical products
- Assist with setup of the meeting space for daily morning briefings (displaying the Common Operational Picture, Video Teleconference, Battle Rhythm, and live map).
- Assist second-layer review (proofreading) of CEOC Watch Office products, as time permits.
- Assist with augmentation of Operations Support to various offices and team rooms, as required.
- Assist with administrative support for the Director or Deputy Director, as required.
- Provide support to CEOC Watch Officers in their daily duties, as requested.
- Requires a Bachelor Degree in a relevant field of study.
- 3+ years relevant experience required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Requires technical knowledge of the program work involved and the ability to use applicable analytical methods.
- Working knowledge and abilities using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Willingness to learn operations of geospatial databases, including ArcGIS.
- Ability to independently perform multiple tasks with dynamic priorities.
- Skilled in the use of databases and spreadsheets; comfortable extrapolating information from multiple databases and generating reports on the results.
- Demonstrated writing and editing skills in the creation of documents and procedures.
- Willingness to work directly with clients in a rapidly changing environment; must possess a mature approach to the personal interactions between a consultant and the client.
- Must be an independent self-starter with excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask and be comfortable working with a team of technical experts in
varying fields of security and emergency operations disciplines.
- Able to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- DOE site access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a DOE “Q” access authorization/security clearance.
The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of obtaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- A pre-employment test for the absence of any illegal substances will be required. Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will also be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
- Must meet minimal security training and awareness.
- Must meet minimal security training and awareness for SCIF personnel.
- Must be willing to become qualified as an Assistant Coordinating Officer and periodically watch billed on a 24/7 Emergency Recall Roster to support the Nuclear Incident Team and the CEOC as required.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Possession of a DOE “Q” access authorization/security clearance.
- Experience in the DOE Complex a plus.
Please e-mail your résumé to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)