Environment, Safety, and Health Programs Action Officer
Albuquerque, New Mexico (with occasional travel to Washington, DC/National Capital Region and Germantown, MD facility)
This position is for a full-time contractor to support the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Environment, Safety, and Health (NA-ESH), which supports and implements critical NNSA missions for maintaining the nuclear weapons stockpile and reducing global nuclear dangers.
NA-ESH provides for the effective development and consistent implementation of safety programs and requirements across the NNSA enterprise.
NA-ESH also provides cost-effective packaging, nuclear material, and environmental stewardship services to the NNSA enterprise.
NA-ESH works to enable safe operations and provide enterprise services to meet the 21st Century NNSA Enterprise needs.
PEC requires an exceptional candidate in the Albuquerque, New Mexico region to fill a full-time Action Officer position to support the NA-ESH-10 Organization.
- Consolidate technical documents, assessment reports, organizational procedures, and communications.
- Assemble and organize reports from multiple inputs into a uniform style and format. Edit narratives for clarity and conciseness. Ability to consolidate inputs applies to different types of documents, including but not limited to reports, memoranda, procedures, and/or other forms of communication correspondence (email).
- Printing various reports, fact sheets, correspondence, briefing materials, procedural directives, and other narrative documents.
- Facilitate the concurrence review and approval process in eDOCS for NA-ESH-10, which will require summarizing and tracking eDOCS packages while collaborating with leadership and subject matter experts to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Work in concert with the NA-ESH-10 Executive Director to prioritize and track actions such as GAO and IG Audits, FOIA requests, Directives, data calls, etc.
- Serve as a liaison between NA-ESH-10 and the Office of the Chief of Staff.
- Develop and prepare presentations and briefings, at the guidance of subject matter experts.
- Coordinate administrative and logistics tasks, such as calendar management, as requested by the Deputy Associate Administrator and the Chief of Staff.
- Take on additional tasks at the request of the NA-ESH-10 Deputy Associate Administrator, NA-ESH-10 Office Directors, and the Chief of Staff.
- College graduate with bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to prioritize workload and gracefully navigate rapidly shifting or changing priorities.
- Knowledge or ability to learn the responsibilities of each office to route actions and requests effectively and efficiently to the correct team(s) or point(s) of contact.
- Strong written communication skills with a demonstrated aptitude for editing.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience with records management with both unclassified and classified records.
- Willingness to learn and flexibility to take on additional tasks as a member of a new and growing team.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Customer service oriented mindset.
- Outstanding team player able to work with a diverse group of people stationed in different geographic locations.
- Ability to track multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Willingness to learn new software programs, such as eDOCS, Jira, Pingboard, Concur, ATAAPS, G2, etc.
- Works well with short turnaround deadlines in fast paced office environment and is adaptable to changing priorities.
- Located in the Albuquerque, New Mexico area with a willingness to perform occasional travel to Washington, DC/National Capital region.
- DOE site access will require the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with an ACTIVE DOE Q security clearance or DOD TS equivalent. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Pre-employment and ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
- Previous experience with eDOCS.
- Familiarity with NNSA support service and M&O models.
- Previous experience with the travel system (Concur) and timekeeping system (ATAAPS).
Please e-mail your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)