Fitness Instructor / Coordinator (Full-time)
: Oak Ridge, TN
Project Enhancement Corporation (PEC), and its team of consulting firms, focus on providing Project Management and specialized technical consulting services in the areas of emergency operations, nuclear incident response, nuclear safety, worker safety and health, quality assurance, environment as well as materials and facilities disposition within the DOE and commercial power industry. The team is comprised of the following firms: PEC, Innovate Technology Partnerships (ITP) and Centerra Group, each offering its own comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Serve as subject matter expert in training by maintaining and applying comprehensive (mastery level) knowledge and competency in area(s) of occupational expertise.
- Provide individual fitness assessments and fitness program recommendations as requested by Federal Agents (FAs) and/or command leadership.
- Teach/conduct training presentations by reviewing course materials and lesson plans prior to instruction/presentation.
- Provide physical fitness instruction, general health, fitness and wellness counseling, and information as requested by individuals and/or command leadership.
- Serve as the Agent Operations Eastern Command (AOEC) lead for Law Enforcement Control Tactics.
- Ensure instructional presentations meet course objectives and training standards by maintaining a comprehensive level of knowledge, skills, and abilities requisite in the occupation or profession.
- Complete course/project administrative tasks by planning, organizing, and prioritizing work for accomplishment within expected timeframes.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by studying/reviewing all relevant laws, regulations, orders, and policies.
- Ensure that integrated safety and quality management principles are applied to all duties. Performs all activities and tasks in a safe and healthful manner.
- Testing students to measure progress and evaluate effectiveness of such training.
- Provide Physical Readiness Testing (PRT) support.
- Maintain fitness facilities by performing preventive maintenance, identifying needs for repair and ensuring safe use of fitness equipment.
- Provide fitness training to FAs, FA applicants and other Office of Secure Transportation (OST) personnel as requested.
- Maintain Automated External Defibrillators (AED).
- Remain flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism.
- HS graduate required; Bachelor’s preferred.
- Must have a minimum mastery of three (3) of the below listed skills:
- 3+ years minimum experience in Personal Fitness Training.
- 3+ years in Sport coaching at the collegiate level or higher.
- 3+ years prior military or law enforcement experience.
- Defensive Tactics/Combatives.
- Cooper Institute or equivalent fitness certification.
- Maintain certification in First Aid, CPR and AED.
- Complete Department of Energy (DOE) Basic Instructor, Firearms Instructor and Controller training courses.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite including advanced word processing using Microsoft Word, as well as Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency in a field environment of squad ambushes, squad urban defense, and squad attacks.
- Willingness to work directly with customers in an environment that changes rapidly and requires occasional long hours.
- Maintain a level of physical fitness and agility sufficient to perform requisite physical tasks and functions.
- Ability to travel to locations throughout the CONUS.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Work is normally performed in a gym setting, office, workshop, or classroom setting.
- Work is also performed outdoors on a range or in support of a training exercise. Worker may be exposed to dust, fumes, loud noises and the environment.
- Work involves standing, walking, running and kneeling for sustained periods.
- May involve occasional heavy lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to meet the requirements for a DOE security clearance and Building Access badge. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- A pre-employment test for the absence of any illegal substances will be required. Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of illegal substances will also be conducted for continued access to client sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of DOE sites and types of operation.
- Self-directed, and able to define and achieve goals with little supervision
Please e-mail your résumé to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)