This position is to provide industrial hygiene (IH) and occupational health and safety (OSH) support for numerous clients such as the Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Petroleum Reserve (OPR), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Prepare and conduct presentations with clients and stakeholders.
- Ability to operate and update databases.
- Provide IH and OSH support; advise and assist the client access; oversee and improve, as appropriate, their safety and health program and culture.
- Prepare hazard evaluations, risk assessments, technological feasibility analyses, industry and exposure profiles, and other analytical documents related to critical issues to be addressed in the development of OSHA standards and guidance documents.
- Perform literature searches; summarizing key occupational exposure, toxicity, other safety and health hazard information; conducting chemical, biological and radiation hazard screening; constructing databases; and providing information management and computer programming support, including providing assistance in identifying and using current technology for standards promulgation and guidance development.
- Provide support to OSHA to develop technological feasibility assessments for occupational exposure to hazardous substances.
- Conduct background research and review statements of stakeholders’ input to the standard development process. Review the literature, attend stakeholder meetings, draft interview questions, and conduct site visits to identify any barriers to implementing a draft standard’s provisions.
- Conduct background research and prepare technological feasibility assessments.
- Conduct site visits to assess current practices and control technologies.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize large quantities of data, including ability to identify trends of leading and lagging indicators and write reports from such data.
- B.S. in Industrial Hygiene or related science or engineering required, M.S. a plus.
- CIH certification or active pursuit of certification is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in government (DOE, NASA, OSHA), laboratory, research and development or manufacturing, performing occupational health and safety activities.
- Excellent written and verbal skills in the English language.
- Computer-literate in Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
- Must be detail oriented, self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- Ability to meet the requirements for a DOE security clearance and Building Access badge. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of obtaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- Pre-employment and ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to government sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
- Travel of approximately 10% may be necessary.
- This position requires proof of COVID vaccination to be provided by the date of hire unless an accommodation request has been provided and granted pursuant to federal law by the date of hire.
Please e-mail your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)