NA-80 Program Analyst
: Department of Energy (DOE) Forrestal Building, Washington, D.C.
This position is for an Analyst to assist the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Counterterrorism and Counterproliferation (NA-80) with program support. The position's focus is to provide programmatic and administrative support and reports to senior federal leadership. The Program Analyst also serves as an on-call member of an emergency response team to support emergency operations in the DOE Headquarters building (Forrestal), or in support of deployed field assets at remote locations.
- Direct program support to senior federal leadership.
- Assist with the support functions and business operations of the NA-80 Program Office.
- Coordinate with other NNSA Program and Functional Offices to ensure awareness of required products, schedules, and briefing requirements.
- Facilitate communication and program-related information across NA-80 offices.
- Assist with coordination, synchronization, and scheduling of pre-briefs, briefs, to include preparation of hard and soft copy products on classified and unclassified topics.
- Review and analyze departmental and interagency plans, directives, and policies.
- Track cross programmatic boundary issues and topical areas impacting NA-80.
- Produce classified and unclassified documents in association with NA-80 mission requirements.
- Produce professional correspondence, reports, and other documents for DOE/NNSA and interagency senior executives.
- Track NA-80 correspondence pertaining to programs, planning, and actions for senior leadership.
- Coordinate with NNSA policy teams on tasks and preparations for senior leader engagements and activities that involved NA-80 senior leaders.
- Brief and interact with senior leaders to include DOE/NNSA, interagency and international partners.
- Coordinate and track multiple plan, policy, and program initiatives.
- A U.S. citizen with a current Top Secret or DOE "Q" clearance and ability to obtain SCI access.
- BS or BA degree from an accredited university with 5+ years' experience in counterterrorism, national security, counter WMD, incident response, emergency management, or emergency preparedness.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
- Must be an independent self-starter with excellent organizational skills, the ability to multitask, and comfortable working with a team of technical experts in varying fields of national security and emergency operations disciplines.
- Demonstrated experience managing projects and proven ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment successfully executing simultaneous tasks.
- Willingness to work directly with clients in an environment that changes rapidly; must possess a mature approach to the personal interactions between a consultant and the Client.
- General awareness of program management techniques and protocol to coordinate senior-leader level management approval.
- Ability to track and monitor documents from inception through production and eventual dissemination.
- Able to professionally deliver technical briefings and material in a senior - leader environment, backed up with subject matter policy expertise to guide policy discussions.
- Able to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers, under sometimes stressful conditions.
- Must be willing to work after hours, extended shifts and on weekends when required during emergency responses and exercises.
- Ability to execute short-notice travel may be required.
- Prior experience supporting business operations, Chief of Staff, Executive Officer, or similar.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in NNSA, preferably in NA-80
- Understanding of DOE and NNSA Strategic Mission.
- Proficient in in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office applications and systems, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, and SharePoint.
Please e-mail your résumé to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)