Located in Germantown, MD Project Enhancement Corporation (PEC) is a technical services business focused on providing Project Management and specialized consulting services in the areas of emergency operations, nuclear incident response, nuclear safety, worker safety and health, quality assurance, environment as well as materials and facilities disposition within the DOE and commercial power industry.
Employment Position: Safety Culture Improvement Panel Lead Administrative Support - Part-time
Project Enhancement Corporation (PEC), and its team of consulting firms, focus on providing Project Management and specialized technical consulting services in the areas of emergency operations, nuclear incident response, nuclear safety, worker safety and health, quality assurance, environment as well as materials and facilities disposition within the DOE and commercial power industry. The team is comprised of the following firms: PEC, Centaur and MAS, each offering its own comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefits package.
: Germantown, MD; Remote
- Support the Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Environmental Health, Safety, and Security’s (EHSS) Safety Culture Improvement Panel (SCIP).
- Engage in collaboration across DOE sites in support of SCIP activities.
- Support the SCIP Executive Secretary and associated Working Groups.
- Support SCIP scheduling and communications.
- Prepare minutes for meetings and track tasks/action items for the Executive Secretary and Working Groups.
- Manage and update SCIP SharePoint and intranet websites.
- Manage scheduling and provides ongoing administrative support for the SCIP Monthly Meetings and Annual Meeting/Workshop.
- Coordinate the SCIP Annual Meeting in-person event.
- Manage the SCIP Membership lists.
- Facilitate the SCIP File Transition project and maintain SCIP Document libraries.
- Coordinate Teams or Webex meetings.
- Maintain and monitor the SCIP inbox.
- Technical editing, document formatting, and document package compilation.
- Take initiative and comprehend context clues prompting action items.
- Organize team members and delegate tasks.
- Follow up with team members to ensure action items are delivered accurately and timely.
- Organize and track action items for both the team and client.
- Impeccable time management and ability to be available for client needs during working hours.
- Pleasant and professional demeanor.
- Flexibility to accommodate clients in other U.S. time zones.
- Ability to multitask and coordinate multiple projects at the same time.
- Ability to communicate professionally and clearly.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- 3-5 years of commercial or government experience with at least 1-2 years of experience in an administrative management-related field.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and display complex data.
- Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel, SharePoint, Teams/WebEx including knowledge of features like polling, recording, etc.
- Exceptional writing and technical editing skills.
- Must possess good written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work in an environment that changes rapidly and requires occasional long hours.
- Must be detail-oriented self-starter and have the ability to work independently.
- Ability to sit for extended periods and perform work in an office environment, including extensive use of computers.
- Ability to travel for a minimum of one week per calendar year.
- Ability to meet the requirements for a DOE security clearance and Building Access badge. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- A pre-employment test for the absence of any illegal substances will be required. Ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of illegal substances may also be conducted for continued access to client sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
- Background in Organizational Safety Culture or general knowledge of safety culture principles.
- Knowledge of DOE missions, sites, facilities, and organizational roles and responsibilities.
- Self-directed and able to define and achieve goals with little supervision.
Please e-mail your résumé to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)