: Germantown, MD
The Security Assistant is a position within the Office of Headquarters Credentialing Operations (EHSS-81). This position is responsible for performing a range of standard/technical/clerical tasks including basic screening, processing, tracking and analysis of personnel security activities at the Department of Energy Headquarters. The position requires an active Top Secret (TS) / "Q" security clearance.
- Perform data collection, analysis and tracking of classified and unclassified personnel security cases.
- Perform data entry from documentation and reports in the appropriate computer system, ensuring information is accurate, current, and complete.
- Screens and evaluates reports of investigations in compliance with appropriate rules, regulations, and orders.
- Receive and perform administrative processing of various types of clearance requests.
- Maintain, retrieve, duplicate, and file data received from the entire DOE complex.
- Prepare and disseminate personnel security reports and develop computer templates.
- The individual must either possess an associate degree from an accredited university or college and have one (1) year of experience in a personnel security related program or a high school diploma or state equivalent and have two (2) years of experience in a personnel security related program.
- The individual must have demonstrated knowledge of commonly applied security principles, concepts, and methodologies.
- The individual must have demonstrated knowledge of criteria and techniques in security to analyze well defined questions, issues and conditions, and knowledge of standardized applications or established variations in security procedures and regulations regarding processing personnel security cases and the classified visitor control program.
- The individual must have solid demonstrated knowledge of computer hardware and software applicable currently. The individual must also attain/maintain high-level of proficiency for any new software used in the personnel security program.
- The individual must have demonstrated a high level of proficiency in computer skills to include maintaining and manipulating electronic data and utilizing database, document creation and editing, spreadsheet, and other common office software applications.
- The individual must have experience sufficient to perform a range of standard/technical/clerical tasks including basic screening and analysis of security issues.
- Access requires the qualified candidate be a U.S. citizen with an ACTIVE DOE Q security clearance or DOD TS equivalent. The candidate’s written consent to conduct a background check for the purposes of maintaining a security clearance will be required as a condition of employment.
- Certain positions requiring a security clearance may require the periodic successful completion of a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination.
- Pre-employment and ongoing reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal substances will be conducted as a requirement for ongoing access to DOE sites. The candidate’s written consent to conduct such tests will be required as a condition of employment.
- Experience in the DOE complex, specifically in Safeguards and Security.
- Knowledge of DOE sites and types of operation.
Please e-mail your résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules.)